Payment Plan Information
The State of Texas expects that all fines and fees are to be paid on the day of sentencing.
What if I cannot pay my fines in full on that day?
The Court understands that not everyone is able to pay their fine in full on the same day, and has implemented a process to assist those who believe they are unable to do so. If you believe you need additional time to pay your fines in full, you may apply to the Court for extended time payments.
To do so, you must:
- Pay all applicable state fees (court costs)
- Submit an Application for Extended Time Payment form to the Collections Specialist along with supporting documentation
What happens next?
Once the Judge has approved your Request for Extended Time Payments and you have submitted your application, a Collection Specialist with meet with you. They will:
- Review your application for completeness
- Verify information through documents provided
- Verify additional information through other parties
- Evaluate information for your ability to pay
- Establish a payment schedule and complete a Payment Agreement
- Provide you with a copy of the Payment Agreement for your records and to remind yourself when your payments are due
How to Make Payments
In-Person – You may pay your fine or fee in person at the Justice of the Peace, Pct. 4 office. You may pay with cash, money order, cashier’s check, or personal check (with identification) or by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
The office is located at:
22354 Justice Drive, New Caney, Texas 77357
Mail – You may pay by mail by sending a money order, cashier’s check, or personal check (NO CASH) to:
Justice of the Peace, Pct 4
22354 Justice Drive
New Caney, TX 77357
Please make all checks and money orders payable to: Justice Court #4
Online – You may pay online with your credit card, through a third party (an additional convenience fee will be charged to you by the provider)- Pay Online JP4 Citations
Note: Payments post approximately 2-4 days after information given to provider. Please retain your confirmation number for future reference. Credit card service is not available for Civil filings.
Other – If you are unable to pay your fines or fees in full, you may be eligible for extended time payments.